Finally Pregnant!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Friday, December 10, 2010

Our Journey Begins Today

Today, we have our first appointment with Dr. A at the Institute for Reproductive Health.  We’ve only been married a month, but previously I’ve been diagnosed and treated for endometriosis and also have a rare bicornuate uterus.  Both these conditions make it much more difficult for us to conceive and maintain a pregnancy.  Most likely conceiving naturally is not an option for us, so we need to find out which infertility treatment is best suited for my condition.  Also we both need to receive all the testing for any other conditions that might be preventing us from conceiving.  So with these struggles ahead, we don’t want to wait too long to begin the long journey we know we have ahead of us.  I've also been having a lot of pain with the endometriosis most likely redeveloping, so we want to see how we can get pregnant ASAP because it will apparantely clear up the endometriosis and help with the pain and stop it from developing further.  I've also already developed an ovarian cyst that has also been causing pain and maybe preventing ovulation.
I'm really nervous to hear what the doctor is going to say.  I know that there isn't a miracle drug or treatment to help us get pregnant, I just hope they can help to provide a treatment for my condition that can give us some hope.  It's hard because it seems like everyone gets pregnant at the drop of the hat, and it's just not the easy for us.  We are so happy for everyone around us, but it's difficult because we don't know if we'll ever have a child of our own.  Infertility is a disease but it's also one of the most difficult mental struggles anyone can experience.  The constant roller coaster mentally along with the physical toll it takes on your body can just really bring you down emotionally.  It's hard for me because I don't know a lot of people personally who can relate to this.  I find comfort in watching Bill and Guillana, lol.  Watching their infertility struggle, sometimes makes me feel less alone for some reason.  I can relate to what she is going through and know that I'm not the only one out there. 
So we will continue to pray for what God thinks is best for us as Chuck likes to say.  And I agree God will decide what is best for us and take us on the right path for us.  I'm nervous and anxious for this appointment today and am hoping for the best as our journey really begins now.

No comments:

Post a Comment