Finally Pregnant!

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Saturday, December 25, 2010

Merry Christmas Eve

So today is Christmas Eve, I'm very excited to spend my first Christmas with Chuck as a married couple.  We will be spending time with both our families and can't wait to see all our nieces and nephews and how excited they will be for Christmas.  We love them all so much.  Christmas without children just isn't the same, kids bring such a different light to the holiday and always can keep the Christmas spirit alive.
I'm finished with the 5 day femara and the side effects were pretty minimal, a few hot flashes here and there and some cramping but nothing at all bad.  We also had a doctor's appointment today to view my follicles and see how I responded to the drugs.  Yes fertility appointments never stop, 365 days a year it doesn't matter what day it is the treatment continues.  Anyways, so we received good news at the doctor, I had 2 mature follicles on my right ovary of 20 mm.  That is a very good response to the drug and my endometrium lining was also thickening nicely.  So with hia counts coming back good, we are going to give it a shot on our own.  Chuck saw the 2 follicles and thought twins!  LOL.  It doesn't necessarily mean twins but this is why fertility meds give a higher rate of multiples because 2 eggs could release this cycle, though both may not fertilize and implant.  So I had to give myself an Ovidrel shot tonight to stimulate ovulation.  I was a little nervous but it was so easy and painless.  Chuck wanted to give it to me first but I wasn't letting him come near me with that needle ;)  So now I should ovulate in about 36 hours from the shot.  And we just pray for a Christmas miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment